Paths Links People

Paths Links People

Foot Prints

Thonigala Inscriptions are of the 2nd Century BC and carved on Rock. information courtesy;Internet

Thonigala Inscriptions are of the 2nd Century BC and carved on Rock. information courtesy;Internet
Tonigala. (a.) Parumaka Abaya puta parumaka Tisaha wapi acagirika Tisa pawatahi agata anagata catudisa sagasa dine. Dewana pi maharaja Gamini Abaye niyate acanagaraka ca [tawi] rikiya nagaraka ca. Parumaka Abaya puta parumaka Tisa niyata pite raj aha agata anagata catudisa sagasa

History; Path to future

History; Path to future
Reading Future through History, Nagala mountain and the Stupa of the Nagala Kanda Rajamaha Viharaya, Nikaweva, Polpithigama, Kurunegala District.

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Canned FISH

This is a dedication piece of essay for the people who is highly worried about selling canned fish without selling freshly killed fish : - )

I know that we lack no fish because we are an Island. Not only that we have inland fish cultivation as well. So what fish problem we have, I have no clues. O actually nobody complaint over ‘lack of fish population’ in the country. Therefore the minister of Fisheries or inland fisheries has no reason to worry.

People are so and really worried about a man or a woman called Saman who does not have any canned fish to eat I guess.  So I am worried about this SAMAN who ever he is , actually not about SALMAN ( canned fish) very much, if I meet this poor Saman I might be able to buy him a plate of Rice with Maalu ambul thiyal or with a dish of Salman fish ( canned fish)

Come appear before me dear Saman I might be able to help you.

Ok let me turn my essay towards ‘ Canned fish and tanked fish’
I love ornamental fish but I do not like the idea of caging them though I am a fishtarian.

Actually I have been trying to locate this Saman since long time now. because people whom I associate and not associate or just say ‘hello’ only or truly worried about me from bottom of their hearts . Some have no reason actually because none of the links we have or maintain.

Canned fish is a good source of money or an income to earn some extra source of money or actual income.

I know there are entrepreneurs who do canning fish as business. I guess it is good reason even a grade one child knows.

I guess ‘canned fishes’ are ‘easy to cook’ and ready to cook’ kind of a meal. It is canned and washed pre cooked (some) and it won’t take much time to ‘serve’ as a tasty dish.

I know that though we have sea fish and inland fish (tank fish) some do not mind ordering dish of canned fish for their meal. I am not sure whether you can order canned fish (cooked version) as chef‘s choice of the day or as meal of the day.

I have seen various canned fish curry choices and preferences given in the menus of star class hoteliers.

Even for ladies who always worry about their troubling husbands : - ] and complaint about their ordering abilities, to bring tea while reading their news paper of the day, week, or month, prepare meals wash cloths can have some of these ‘ canned fish’ tins ready for easy cooking if canned fish is one of their dear husbands’ preferences.

I have not heard of any canning of inland fish (Lula, kanaya, madaya, theppili,) other than sea fish.

In the past canned fish was something that some people definitely received as one of the cookables, raisins, in the welfare packs for poor. I know that canned fish is something that is travelers, pilgrims, in their long distance travels, like to take and cook.      

One of my cousins used to complain when ever we cook canned fish ( Salman) ‘why, we should cook canned fish, what is the problem we have, buying sea fish’, we are surrounded by sea’ I used to say that is because people like to taste different types of fish. Some like tuna while some likes to eat prawns.

But, friends do not be mistaken aaanamalu is not a fish that can be cooked perhaps it is good for banana milk shake.

Oh did I forget to talk about tanked fish. Tank fish is something totally different to tanked fish. I know no need to explain.

Let me explore about ornamental fish on another day.
Canned fish I guess is something we can export. Because we have enough of fish , without a doubt. Big or small.
   
     


     

No comments:

Post a Comment