Paths Links People

Paths Links People

Foot Prints

Thonigala Inscriptions are of the 2nd Century BC and carved on Rock. information courtesy;Internet

Thonigala Inscriptions are of the 2nd Century BC and carved on Rock. information courtesy;Internet
Tonigala. (a.) Parumaka Abaya puta parumaka Tisaha wapi acagirika Tisa pawatahi agata anagata catudisa sagasa dine. Dewana pi maharaja Gamini Abaye niyate acanagaraka ca [tawi] rikiya nagaraka ca. Parumaka Abaya puta parumaka Tisa niyata pite raj aha agata anagata catudisa sagasa

History; Path to future

History; Path to future
Reading Future through History, Nagala mountain and the Stupa of the Nagala Kanda Rajamaha Viharaya, Nikaweva, Polpithigama, Kurunegala District.

Saturday, September 8, 2012

'This morning lessons learnt' ......................


Api ekata – Yamu Perata

We are together - let’s proceed ' this is our wish of the day'. 

This Morning lessons learnt  
................
I was watching the live tele- caste on ITN from the Hunupitiya Gangaramaya, ‘the religious observances of the sacred relics of our Gauthama Budun wahanse ‘ Kapila wattu Sri Sarvanna Dhathun Wahanse’, the opportunities provided by the top authorities for the all to worship and pay respect.

My sister came and join me after work and she was asking few questions regarding the ‘Kapila wattu sarvanna dhathun wahanse , the sacred relics of Samma Sambuddha.
She was asking me very simple questions but I was unable to answer. I thought ……….
Though we know and have learnt  this - 

‘Shraddawa witharak madi prannawath thiyenna owne’

We should not only have the faith and respect on religions or religious places etc we also must try and improve the required, primary knowledge, ‘wisdom’ on everything or many things then those things will guide you and will help you completely achieve  your aims and your objectives of living a good life or to get the maximum benefit from ‘your faith and the respect that you have within.

I have many things to be learnt about the history of the sacred relics of Samma Sambuddha, Our Budunwahanse.  This I learnt this morning.

i have some other thoughts as well i like to share viewing some things from a woman point of view …………

We are a society that respects women to a maximum strength and I am happy to be a part of this society.  This is the ‘now’ thought that I have but back then I thought little differently. I have learnt the subject called ‘gender’ at the University and we were the first batch to learn the ‘Gender’ as a subject that was introduced to the Sociology students.

I had a limited knowledge on many things at that time I was a ‘ going to school – coming home, and going to university – coming home student’ that did not try to explore my understandings or the lessons that I learn at university more in a advanced way. i did not try that much in‘ applying them to the the society that I lived. I am saying that I was not that successful in doing that. My ‘surroundings and territories were so limited’

I misunderstood the subject at the beginning but later I was little successful in understanding the subject better and 'people' better than i understood the things during my yesterdays of University life. 

you get ‘ more chances to learn the society and the interests and beliefs of people you do this putting them in to the ‘ the frame of human. You learn the importance of understanding the ’ human needs and wants, expectations and aims, their living and thinking capacities in a little broader way when you get more and more opportunities to deal with the outer society outside your ‘home limit’.  

I sometimes like to think of ‘my own ideas on the things that others believe or see the way the things that they see’ or capture. my opinions and ideas on the others' opinions and ideas. 
I like commenting on some of the ideas that the society holds on certain things. 
this does not mean that 'i am right always' ' wrong i am not right always. through these things, my essay writing and after i sharing them with you all ' i get better chances to understand things better then, listening to the your reactions and watching the reactions or the things that you comment about my ideas on the things or comments that i write here or there. 

about 'health or wealth or education or other things related to ‘both men and women’ i have some views. i sometimes have things to say opposing or supporting to the ideas that you hold. 
let me share few words that I wrote thinking on Ms Rosy Senanayake and this is also 'my comment on a statement that she made recently on heath of women in particular.

 ‘Ape rate genu aya manda poshanayen pelenawa’ 

I am not going to criticize your idea here but I wrote few words for you to read  and this your saying  took me to a different location of understanding. also i thought that it is not bad to write few words about ‘women of our society in general’. the place that they have in this society that we live. 

For Ms Rosy Senanayke


Dutuwama nam oya obey lassana rupe -neha nowe hithenne a waga nikamatawath wage
kathawenda mana bandana - sinahawenda ruwa agana
poshanayen ruwa penena – katawaha nam hema nethuwa


following or above i say 'not to you' i am just trying to analyze them my way, the way that i unederstand things of this society.

Again i am thinking that sometimes we see the world or try analyzing them the way we like. Sometimes we say things sticking our thoughts ‘only on own opinions of things of the society. We often try framing our own opinions ideas and like colouring them the way we like, choosing the colours that we want.

I am sure that is what we called ‘liberty of ones own mind’ ‘the liberty of holding the ‘thoughts that we generate in our within and expressing them to the outer world the way they like’.

Honestly I am happy about the place that ‘our women have within our very own society.
together as a society we can do immeasurable things or contribute to this society we live in many ways. 

Things have changed a lot compared to the decades and decades of the past of this world.  I believe that ‘my society people’ ‘they give the maximum place to the group called ‘women’ and they respect this group to the maximum level I believe.

Am I repeating the same thing?

I am thinking of this as a whole. I have a feeling that our society people do not think about ‘GENDER differences’ as an issue( 100% I should keep some margin because within a society you encounter different people with different attitudes towards not only about women bust also about the men ) 

The way they 9women) share their thoughts, the way they say things directly to the parties they want, groups, and those things show the place that the women of our society holds in this society especially ‘in expressing their own views on anything they like ‘engage in the field that they prefer or like very much’  

still there are things that we should try and win, achieve not as ‘women’ alienating the men but ‘together with them and as ‘human beings, as a big group that uses the world in every possible way.

We need to raise our voice against ‘terror outfits that harms the calmness and serenity of the world we live, we should think of the common issues that the whole world is ‘facing’. ‘We must try and think of many things in a little ‘nourishing way’ not trying it give anything a ‘gender shape’ or a ‘politicized shape’.

For example if a society face issues pertaining to heath’ how can we find solutions within the ‘unit of our families?’ some issues occur mainly due to ‘lack of awareness on many things. this is what i believe.

The issues related to a healthy meal of a family member/s can be solved via using better cooking strategies choosing the best food varieties ’.

People spend a lot of money on food’ buying the things they like, ‘cooking the way they like adding the ‘flavours sometimes artificial in to their preparing meals those things have nothing to do with the outside parties of the family unit.

Over cooked food destroys the ‘vitamins and mineral of what we should ‘intake daily’, those things has nothing to do with the owner of the ‘retail shop or the grocery’, some I am sure still sell the bottle of cows milk they get from their own cattle farm and buy ‘the powdered milk’ and some sell the home grown ‘banana’ or the ‘papaya or gotukola to the others and go and buy some other ‘eatables’  that has less- rich facilities in vitamins or minerals or in other necessary components.

How many mothers pregnant and feeding keep the ‘threeposha that they get from the public health care facilities and how many of them are consuming with the children without giving them to the others?  

Are these things happening due to lack of awareness on such things or due to ‘carelessness’ we need to think of those things.

There are issues that we face not because of anything else but because of ‘own faults.
There are things or habits that we must avoid engage in if you are to think of your health as a wealth.

May all beings be healthy !











No comments:

Post a Comment