Paths Links People

Paths Links People

Foot Prints

Thonigala Inscriptions are of the 2nd Century BC and carved on Rock. information courtesy;Internet

Thonigala Inscriptions are of the 2nd Century BC and carved on Rock. information courtesy;Internet
Tonigala. (a.) Parumaka Abaya puta parumaka Tisaha wapi acagirika Tisa pawatahi agata anagata catudisa sagasa dine. Dewana pi maharaja Gamini Abaye niyate acanagaraka ca [tawi] rikiya nagaraka ca. Parumaka Abaya puta parumaka Tisa niyata pite raj aha agata anagata catudisa sagasa

History; Path to future

History; Path to future
Reading Future through History, Nagala mountain and the Stupa of the Nagala Kanda Rajamaha Viharaya, Nikaweva, Polpithigama, Kurunegala District.

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Statues in memory of the LIVED ………………………. In Memory of gorgeous Whitney Houston




We will Always Love you 
Tell me Whitney who took your life away from you and your loved ones?

Name the murderer, is it Cocaine, Marijuana or Ganja? 

lets build a school of music in the name of Whitney Houston other than building a sta

  
I began my day, little later than usual.  After listening to my sister’s usual this and that talks of every morning other than the ‘TEAAAAAAAAAAAA’ command, took me this far of my thinking, keeping a question mark in a one side of my mind on building statues
So after listening to all what she expressed today morning, I picked my today’s topic that is ‘STATUE’, Statues in memory of the LIVED >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 

( > = sign of the continuation in the paths of the sansara, personal to me)

Why one should build statues or expect others to build statues in memory of their names?
 I think that is because they expect to be sustained in the hearts and minds of the living even after their dates of expirees, that is what I believe

I have not heard of such though the normal situation is different, about the people those who have written their last wills, mentioning the wills of building statues in memory of their names

I know that my sister was teasing me and sharing a bit of sense of humor with me in order to refresh my morning YET I thought there is a lot to think within in what she shared with me and expressed to me

I think building a statue in memory of a lived is not a big task yet I think my sister should live like a woman that others can remember without taking any efforts to remember her name

Normally it is a little difficult for me to convince things for her because she often shows a little that, ‘what I say is right’ kind of a personality

I have observed the statues built in memory or in remembrances of the huge personalities of this country we live and the fate and results behind the idea of building statues in the names of the lived

What I say is not applicable to the dear and near ones who follow such procedures as a family tradition or as a customs, norms or as values

I know any one who arrange official tours in and around of cemeteries must have noticed some of the things that I essay here, today

I remember reading few articles written exploring the cemetery in Borella , famous, the place that the most the famous’ , tall and huge personalities have decided to relax in peace

I know and have heard and read about the tomb of the H R Jothipala the singer of the hearts of people.

The tomb that have built in memory of him examples many things  And it shows how he understood and measures the size of a heart, wallet of a poor lover that don’t have the financial ability to build any Taj Mahal or buy BMW, Diamonds or pearls for the lover  

He is H R Jothipala pardon me if the idea belong to the lyrists   

 ‘ Taj mahalak thanawanna beha mata obey senehasata himi
His ahase gewenna tharamata hee seyak bandimi
I can’t build a Taj Mahal in the name of your affection, love
But
I can build something that reaches and touches the empty sky on the day of your departure

I like that song    

Essaying songs or analyzing songs that I already have heard  and love is not the vision of my day, today, let me move on to my topic of the day ……………………..

I have few questions in my mind, after building statues who reaches to venerate or salute those lived, the living, the friends or the relatives?  

Who visits the statues not daily but at least regularly or often, the statue crafter or the ones who build such using the money of the public?

I believe that they some, or one of the near and the dear visits such places only on the days of the death anniversaries. That is the biggest insult that one can do to the ones who lived somewhat good or totally good in the country serving their people, honestly but so memorably in the hearts and minds of near and dear

Just take your mo- bike guys and gals and have a visit to the places of statues and just observe the fate of such ‘look what has happen to them can they rest in peace, who think of cleaning the dusts and pisses of the animals? If you plan to visit such places, you may also get chances to observe the broken edges of some of such statues

Who should do clean and take care of them?  

Are there anyone in the name of dust because I hear some kasu kusu about dust during my on and off of the opportunities get to hear the conversations of my benefactors, well wishes

Oh! Bad me, did I ever think of thanking them for their strategies of convincing what they have heard or read from the others, who ever  

Let me take this opportunity to THANK my benefactors who have been supporting and helping all these years opening the gates and doors for me

Thank you ONCE AGAIN   

Oh! My topic of the day, I mustn’t forget

What I ask the authorities and the loved ones who do not think of building statues here and there in order to seal the names of the good ones in the hearts and minds of the people of their area or in that area in the villages or in any of the global territories, or in towns or in cities, do something heavier and can be easily measurable that is to mark or to seal the name of the service provider. I guess such might shows the real weight of the service rendered to their service gainers, benefactors  

What we should do is to try to build something within the hearts and minds of the people, expecting something total to happen in the future, aiming some benefits to achieve for the beneficiaries, country members, and village members other than building anything concrete

Concrete or establish something better than a statue    

I have seen the statues of late president Mr. R Premadasa in some of the areas of the country for instance in Mawanella town, if my memory is accurate

I can’t talk of the statues in the other territories or the statues in the madame Tussauds Museum, London or about the statue of Charles Dickens with the children around him listening to his story telling 

i know there you can see the statues looks so live built of some specific wax ? most the ones are of the living 

I can talk about the personality of the heart of the students Mr. Lalith Athulathmudali , the founder of the scholarship scheme ‘ MAHAPOLA SCHOLRSHIP’ I guess the statue looked alright I observed the statue from a distance

You need to take care of your things now that the state (?) or the foundation has built such statues your foundation has to take the responsibility of maintaining without really insulting them


I guess any government or the state has plenty of things to do , I don’t mentioning this as a major task of a state what I suggest and my question is ‘ why build statues’ ‘why not something sustainable in the name of the good ones

Ok why build statues? Is it because that is the tradition or the custom so far followed not only here in Sri Lanka but also in the world?

Thank goodness that OUSL authority has taken a decision to prohibit smoking in the zone of OUSL by noticing it to the visitors, students professionals   

So ‘NO SMOKING’  

Thank you for the Decision taken SIR

How to find money to build too many statues for the deaths happening faster than the normal due to too much smoking

Oh! Who will build my statue, the ‘Cigar COMPANIES’ for essaying such things?

Not worthy right? : - )  

I can’t remember the name of the person or the incident totally, I have read that one of the daughters have file a case against a ‘Cigarette Company one or two decades back not here but somewhere in the globe because her father used to smoke only a one particular Brand ever since her father started smoking and finally suffered from Cancer and died
If my memory is accurate, the daughter who filed the case against the company, cigar won and was eligible to gain ‘compensation’ from the company

I guess that is the one and only incident reported in the entire field of court systems of the world

I am not quite sure whether she built any statues using the money granted or taken from the company, I suppose she didn’t

So in memory and respect of all the suffered and troubled or lived happily and totally I like to suggest ‘don’t ever think of doing something against what your heart evidences says or proves

Leave all the statues alone, should I write that way?

NO I should say ‘ Let the Living or half dead the way they like without trying to spoil their living agendas I guess for them it is no easy to bear

Forgetting building statues how about thinking of charging some fines against for the ones who put all heavy garbage in to the drainage systems in the towns, that is to avoid the worries of the townies and floods during heavy rain also to maintain the accuracy of the town needs   

Thank you for reading me my dear friends!  


  



  


  









No comments:

Post a Comment