Paths Links People

Paths Links People

Foot Prints

Thonigala Inscriptions are of the 2nd Century BC and carved on Rock. information courtesy;Internet

Thonigala Inscriptions are of the 2nd Century BC and carved on Rock. information courtesy;Internet
Tonigala. (a.) Parumaka Abaya puta parumaka Tisaha wapi acagirika Tisa pawatahi agata anagata catudisa sagasa dine. Dewana pi maharaja Gamini Abaye niyate acanagaraka ca [tawi] rikiya nagaraka ca. Parumaka Abaya puta parumaka Tisa niyata pite raj aha agata anagata catudisa sagasa

History; Path to future

History; Path to future
Reading Future through History, Nagala mountain and the Stupa of the Nagala Kanda Rajamaha Viharaya, Nikaweva, Polpithigama, Kurunegala District.

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Dear letter 'D' ......................



(This is a dedication note to the creator of the ‘ Malalasekara English Sinhala DICTIONARY – Professor G.P.Malalasekera)

Dear friends I sometimes enjoy analyzing letters, for me letter ‘D’ is a very dear and a dear letter.

The word ‘Dictionary’ comes before all other letters as a teacher and that is one of the best ‘self learning technical guide’( Malalasekara English – Sinhala dictionary) we have in almost all the houses across country and world wide and this is a very dear book in my book shelf and that has become so close to my life in every way.

I guess in every library it is a must have book. I don’t know how many copies that each library own for the children and also for all levels of students to learn a new word or a word that they do not know. I sometimes read all the very high standards writings of all good writers, authors with the help of the dictionary. 

Damayanthi Darsha is a resource we have and I thought it is good to mention her name to respect her we sometimes do not get much chances to say ‘thank you’ for their contribution to the whole world of sports. she is a star and a memorable sports heart in the history of our sports. 

Innovative Dilshan has become ‘dil’ (heart) amongst many even in India and across world of cricket lovers. Unfortunately I am not qualified to explain the ‘Dilscoop’ but I see how wonderful it is to watch when it goes straightly in to the wicket keeper slightly touching the bat of the any right hands or left hand batsman.
I like to travel long ‘Distance or all the distance than a shorter distance around a village or a community.

Dear deputy directors and directors of all departments across the country will direct the country and its people towards a better direction and here the services are not strict to one district I believe depending on the services of the each department private or public let me not forget the directors of dangerous drugs control board I believe that you all doing a great job with your team members I hope that you will continue it for another decade or so.

There is a huge ‘Danger’ if you just cross a railway especially when there is no ‘protected railway crossing’ I find no danger in knowing the advantages of such things also the ‘risks crossing unsafe rail gates’.  

My Darling sister has become my guider and sometimes an adviser of my life. Take care little one.

‘Dam’ is one of the most important parts of a water saving methodologies and it is vital to know the importance of this components not only for children but also for all of us. 

Dairy,dairy, dairy doc do you think that there is a song similar to this?  No I am wrong sorry? What is it then? I am not aware of any documents written on ‘dairy farmers of old Sri Lanka’ I guess this good for all the new diary farmers or dairy farmers to be ( related business) to direct towards a better future in their respective fields.
Diary dear diary ‘you are the only one who memorize me of the dates of the past that I should not forget but I can not remember the date that I last use a diary. Dear diary sorry to remind you that some of our friends have given your place to their dear PC’s. I am not so sure about how the modern business fields use this ‘business directories’ forgetting the diaries and loving the PC’s. I am little sad to think of my old desktop computer that is the nature. New things come people embrace if affordable those things are unavoidable in any fields of developing world.  

I don’t mind listening to good music or watching a dancing program before dawn. 

 ‘A good debater is always a good resource I like to think and it is so good to listen when some school children express their views on many things especially during a ‘debate’ 

I personally think that any Debriefing activities of any important project definitely will lead a group a project towards a right direction. 

I guess some children have given the authority to decide their future paths thinking of their own interests and preferences in learning or otherwise. I don’t know how wise it is sometimes to ‘destruct’ their own choices of learning outside school syllabuses. I am not aware of any prizes at school prize giving ceremonies on ‘New innovations’ (in any of their preferred areas) I am sure that there are some procedures in school system.

Design of any design I guess is worth studying and that sometimes lead ones life towards new destinations in life.

I am sure the Doctors always advise all of us not only the environmentalists the importance of having a dust free environment good for a healthy life.  

Drought will not remain for so long soon you will see some dark clouds in the sky of your close vicinity the farmers will have no problem then. And let me thank you for the decision taken to ‘reconstruct or rehabilitate the abandoned or the forgotten tanks of our beautiful country. Farmer organizations have a huge role to play here I believe not only the ‘irrigation departments’.

Let’s meet again with another ‘letter’ of my choice.








No comments:

Post a Comment