Paths Links People

Paths Links People

Foot Prints

Thonigala Inscriptions are of the 2nd Century BC and carved on Rock. information courtesy;Internet

Thonigala Inscriptions are of the 2nd Century BC and carved on Rock. information courtesy;Internet
Tonigala. (a.) Parumaka Abaya puta parumaka Tisaha wapi acagirika Tisa pawatahi agata anagata catudisa sagasa dine. Dewana pi maharaja Gamini Abaye niyate acanagaraka ca [tawi] rikiya nagaraka ca. Parumaka Abaya puta parumaka Tisa niyata pite raj aha agata anagata catudisa sagasa

History; Path to future

History; Path to future
Reading Future through History, Nagala mountain and the Stupa of the Nagala Kanda Rajamaha Viharaya, Nikaweva, Polpithigama, Kurunegala District.

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Feelings of icy cold December & ‘SANTA clause’ the ‘heart-full’ giver



Today, 29 November, 2012 I am about to open the 'door' of the icy cold month of ‘December’. A new month this is yet to be embraced -the last month of this year 2012 or of any year to be welcomed.  My mind is so filled with ‘icy cool thoughts of Santa and his generosity and the little, little prayers and songs about Baby Jesus.

above little description of entrance to this little note I wrote on the day dated & mentioned above that was November. And also i wrote few many more lines below on the very the same day. When I open this very same note this morning it is already ‘DECEMBER’. 



above vision i captured from my window view this 'very good morning December'

November has gone ‘December has arrived’. Mornings evenings and nights comes and goes as they please. And sometimes dominates, rules says things, shares, commands, sends ‘wishes and thoughts’ the way the minds of ‘mornings evenings and nights likes and wants’. The ‘emperor of thoughts’ I like to name the thoughts that sometimes that comes and stays in the mind – mine, inner and deep.

I wish you all a very good December!




‘Peace and harmony’ the value of such words never becomes invaluable in any moment, any hour, any day, any month, or a year.  They are immeasurable, undefeatable, and unarguable.

Those above feelings that arose in the mind of mine remind me of an e mail that I received yesterday from the group of Avaaz –  the avazers has sent following message across -world within their membership zone/net work I guess. I am one of the recipients to receive the e mail titled -  ‘UN recognizes Palestine  

So it is the ‘194th ‘country’ recognized and respected shall I note it that way.
Recognition and appreciation ‘these are must spend words’ – totally and heart fully.  Stingy ness is a must throw away word when it comes to use words and ideas and practices achieving ‘peace’.

Therefore I like to add that peace and harmony begins with (I also suggest) RECOGNITION AND APPRECIATION’ and this is applicable any where and every where - globally. NO conditions apply. If anyone likes to add any conditions to this let me suggest that we can think of the word ‘RESPECT’.
Every person of every community ‘love’ to hear this word ‘ PEACE’ ( if you find some or any who does not like to hear or do not want such thing in their community or in their neighbours or far a way community ‘do not call them ‘human’ ‘YES’ I really mean it.  You ( this YOU is very plural I like to note) might think that ‘this woman is so nasty’ - ‘ I DO NOT MIND.’  There are certain words and situations that I do not like to embrace, entangle or to hear or to see happening. 

We like to see ‘NO WAR ZONE’ – globally & we like to travel to ‘YES WE HAVE PEACE – ZONE’.

If you find some ‘unacceptable situations’ or conditions the solution to over come is ‘not isolating such communities’ or ‘people’ ‘groups’ ‘try understand them’ this can be a better slogan than any other.
I do not know how to understand some ‘young’ ones the - ‘intelligent to be. I know that it is alright to celebrate ‘birthdays’ we do so but if you are thinking of achieving something else by celebrating the birth day/s and if we encounter some other things are happening behind the parties you organized. ‘ CAREFUL’ this is a message to the group of ‘the intelligent/s to be of the hostel of Balasingham and the other set of the same group who reside in the other one -‘the hostel’ never think of organizing such a party again or the same party in a different way  ‘WARNING’. Please do not think of touching the ‘ERA OF DARKNESS’ again.

PLEASE the intelligent to be ‘the professional to be’ LOVE THE COUNTRY YOU LIVE and respect the country that you were born ‘RESPECT its PEOPLE.       
Whether it is Israel or Palestine or any other country ‘I know and I have the feeling that ‘people love the feelings of peace and harmony’ can we really doubt such things.

 I believe if any one of you appose that ‘ this group’ or that group’ or this community or that community have no right to be a part of the world that we live or the benefits that we get or the resources we use the way we like. I think we need to change our minds. We need to give them some space if you think that ‘there are things that they should think of changing within’  ‘attitudes of self’’ attitudes towards ‘liberty’ and understanding the ‘stupid-fullness’ of interfering one’s own community activities unnecessarily etc.      

I know that you all have learnt all the existing theories of loving every one, respecting everyone from the beliefs and faiths religions that you TRUST. 
December is the month of ‘joy and wonder of Santa clause. I love the changes that you feel during Christmas I know I know may be this is too early to talk about Christmas. But I feel the enormously embraceable Christmas and Santa the ‘very generous’ ‘gracious full’ gentleman. He gives and gives and gives and gives and gives more and more that is Santa.   Who ever pray and ask something from him he gives. One of my favorite givers and bring smiles to the faces of little, little ones.

I think ‘samaya’ ‘samadaanaya’ we learnt all these from the ‘theory of living including sahajeewanaya samanaathmathawaya ‘from the philosophy of ‘truths and realities’ of the world – Buddhism all these I gained as gifts from ape Buduhaamuduruwo.

While writing this note there were things that noticed in the vicinity of my living – house.

My thoughts are much cooler this morning and they are little calm truly windy I like to add. More over I like the little area of banana leaves that catches & touches the ‘hands of windy’ and say hello to each other 'happy to observe’. And there is one particular variety of bamboo- tree’ with so tiny leaves it is taller and look brave than the ‘kesel gasa’ the banana trees I can view from this side of my house – I live.

They are in two different locations under two different authorities I noticed. There is one wall – brick in between the ‘two tree areas’. But they have no issues they talk to each other from that side ‘the bamboo tree and from the other side the banana plants. I do not know what they discuss though.  I think there is one person who notices all these things, all what is happening there and here - ‘the Buddhist Flag’ it is hanging in a branch of a LOWI TREE’ it is bit difficult for me to recognize those things from where I seated now and I view these things from my new window ( you are familiar with all my old windows) view  this window view is ‘smaller’ compared to the ones I am familiar with during my yesterdays.

The PUWAK gaha holds similar height I think not taller or smaller in comparison to the bamboo plant. There is some PUWAK in both left and right side of the tree this is something else that I could view from my view – seated. There is one window of a house I can see from here but it is hidden amongst the leaves of banana not very clearly visible to the others of this side – my house.

The Tv antennas are the little, little resting places for paan kiriththas and for ‘chandi lena – my friend’ (squirrel) he is with his partner girl all the time – therefore so he look so ‘PROUD’. Sometimes sleeps on a little branch curving & bending his body in a very balanced way, facing his face downwards. When ever he hear the ‘brrrrraaaasssss’ sounds of a very disturbing vehicle then he wakes up. How many times a week that you generally change your vehicle tyre/s my friends? Aren't you feel tired of it? Lane - mine is not a tar or concreted one careful when you are driving ‘ think of your caring wheels’ ‘they are taking care of you on roads – all types, ‘respect’ them a little will you.

So I thought of giving a good present to SANTA this Christmas we always expects things and gifts from him why not try and give him a good present a gift this time. Let me think of it little leisurely.

I am thinking of ‘the similarities that we hold’ within as religions and beliefs. I like to think a bit of the similarities of these two living theories and realities - Buddhism and Christianity’. I am not a well educated person on Christianity like you but grant me your permission just to look at one idea that we both hold similar to each other.

‘During wesak or poson I know that ‘GIVING STALLS’ ( is this the right word) DANSEL’ – people give, they get together organize, they go from house to house and collect something sometimes some does this alone or with own family they give’ what they have to millions of people join the queues and lines to eat and take something home. No religion bars I noticed all these years I lived. All faiths and beliefs you can notice in a one hut of giving stalls. This so dear SANTA clause he follows the same theory of giving though he carries things alone in his hands. But the idea of such giving it is not ‘individualistic’ it is he gained from ‘this good –idea’ from the people around him and who supports him. Just take the idea of this ‘giving’ we both follows ‘similar’ you feel no opposition’ for such ideas.  

Beth lehem pure
Dilindu gawa lene
Dew maw thurule sisile niday Jesu bilinda
Saaame Rajinda

My imaginaries goes back to the little dilindu gawa lena that I have heard of and have read about in this moment of writing.

Let me wind up my this note wishing you ‘a fruitful’ ‘ideas full ‘thoughts full’ month a head !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  
 

     







  








 



 

1 comment:

  1. Dear Sandika,

    Ape Budu hamuduruwo taught, that peaceful minds lead to peaceful speech and peaceful actions. If the minds of living beings are at peace, the world will be at peace.

    take care

    Friend

    ravi ...



    ReplyDelete