Paths Links People

Paths Links People

Foot Prints

Thonigala Inscriptions are of the 2nd Century BC and carved on Rock. information courtesy;Internet

Thonigala Inscriptions are of the 2nd Century BC and carved on Rock. information courtesy;Internet
Tonigala. (a.) Parumaka Abaya puta parumaka Tisaha wapi acagirika Tisa pawatahi agata anagata catudisa sagasa dine. Dewana pi maharaja Gamini Abaye niyate acanagaraka ca [tawi] rikiya nagaraka ca. Parumaka Abaya puta parumaka Tisa niyata pite raj aha agata anagata catudisa sagasa

History; Path to future

History; Path to future
Reading Future through History, Nagala mountain and the Stupa of the Nagala Kanda Rajamaha Viharaya, Nikaweva, Polpithigama, Kurunegala District.

Monday, May 14, 2012

Thoughtful ……. ‘kalpana’, lovely ‘vanita (vitti), and memorable ‘tharuni’ ……..


 
Words and thoughts have so much to do with memories. My memories right now goes back to the era of ‘my young thoughts’ ……..

So memorable and embraceable moments NO! This has nothing to do with guys this has many things to do with my old friends, my girly friends. I still remember their names. My friends that touched my teenage so intelligently, the friends of my younger days are unforgettable and are so memorable. I always felt them so near and dear.

KALPANA ….. VANITA…..

They were always so intelligent. They never thought of wasting a single word without getting the maximum use of it. I knew that for sure. And these friends of mine never used their words for ill wills. 

‘ Kalpana’ she was so fond of wearing ‘redish orange’ clothing. Oh let me not forget the shape of her lovely figure, well shaped and she likes to read not so big fonts like me. She always preferred to read and write to friends using medium sized fonts. I can just close my eyes for a moment and I can still feel and touch the letters she used to write using her very creative handwriting. 

Her way of writing is so closed to my heart. She was so intelligent.  Very talkative but always tried to talk and discuss fruitful things. Most of men and women and friends of my age at that time never felt that was boring to listen to or to hear what she says.
She always used her own ways of analyzing things and she has a habit of using 

wethatai ...... at the very beginning of her letters. She keeps that special place of her heart for her friends. So her friends used to write back to her addressing the same with block letters ….

‘WETHATAI …..
Kalpana Mandeeraya
220. Deens Rd,
Colombo -10

That is where she lived. Where is she now? Is she still at the same place? Why didn’t I thought of going there and see whether she is still there. How is her amma , thaaththa, her siblings and her friends whom she always respected for giving her advise and support to come to the stage where she was at that time?

If you read me Kalpana by any chance will you please write back to me?
By the way do you still have the letters that I sent you those days to your previous address? Copying your style and addressing the same way like you used to follow ‘wethatai’ ….. 

I remember my father liked you so much. He used to tell me that I have chosen a good friend and he strongly advised me to not to disconnect the friendship I had with you. But my friend it is ‘time’ that departed us. I am sad.

Hey! Kalpana can you remember ‘Vanita’? She was very fond of all the ‘vitti’/s ( thorathuru/information) around the country. She is a good reader of hearts around her. I never ever will forget her ‘HANDA’ she had a good voice. That was so powerful back then. 

Where is she now? Do you know? She always associated with good set of friends, actually all of them were very, and very matured and well educated than her I can remember that very well like my yesterday.

I remember she had a so memorable collection of ‘articles’ she collated all of them so dearly. Her mother was a well educated woman. I still remember the things that we used to discuss when ever we meet each other.

How is amma will you tell me ‘Vanita’ and your friends?
Are you still at this address ‘Vanita’? If you have changed it will you kindly inform me as quickly as possible? Can you remember my ‘handa’ girl?

# 644
Colombo. 

This was your address back then right. I still have it saved because I have the letters you sent me those days.

We used to read ‘tharuni’ together can you remember those days kalpana? Can you remember the day that they first published my very fresh and first little short story? ‘ sarasavi sihinaya ’. I was a little fatty those days and everyone used to tell me the ‘picture’ that Mr. ‘Tissa Kumara’ did draw for the story looked like me? 

I remember I really could not sleep that day. How many times I read that how many times I showed that little thing to every one of my friends at school, my cousins, and my neighbors. Those days are gold days truly. Yeah! My university friends some actually liked it.

Eeye dawasa puraama wehapu nisaada koheda mulu sarasaviya puraama amuthu sundrathwayak mathuwelaa …..
Gaha kola wenadaatath wadaa haritha warnayen bebelenawa jayanithata hanthaana kandu muduna desa belune ibetama wage …..

Kalpna can you remember these words? ……………

Tharuni gifted and appreciated my effort sending me another lovely collection of short stories ‘sthree’….. The front page of that book was so memorable mainly because Ms. Malini Fonseka beautified the page.  

Hey friends! Who has it right now see I need it back ok…. Those things are memories why don’t you all understand that ha?

Kalpana……  Vanita ……  I like to tell you one thing you were both so amazing friends to me that taught me so much about life and about living. Both of you are an example of good and vital friendships I like to tell you that before I forget and THANK YOU ….. I tell you this from the bottom of my heart. 

You never ever interested in gossiping you never ever used your words to harm any one of your other girly friends. You loved the nature so much. And respected too much I remember them. You never took anything for granted. I love you for that. You still teach me lessons. 

Tharuni you have changed a little I can say that but I believe you still a good friend of mine you are so memorable. 

I believe that none of you want to harm yourself or to your inner qualities of helping friends in a meaningful way.   

I will write to you if I get any chances and if you still remember I am sure and I hope that you ll give me some space in your never changing heart.  Right?







 


    

No comments:

Post a Comment