Paths Links People

Paths Links People

Foot Prints

Thonigala Inscriptions are of the 2nd Century BC and carved on Rock. information courtesy;Internet

Thonigala Inscriptions are of the 2nd Century BC and carved on Rock. information courtesy;Internet
Tonigala. (a.) Parumaka Abaya puta parumaka Tisaha wapi acagirika Tisa pawatahi agata anagata catudisa sagasa dine. Dewana pi maharaja Gamini Abaye niyate acanagaraka ca [tawi] rikiya nagaraka ca. Parumaka Abaya puta parumaka Tisa niyata pite raj aha agata anagata catudisa sagasa

History; Path to future

History; Path to future
Reading Future through History, Nagala mountain and the Stupa of the Nagala Kanda Rajamaha Viharaya, Nikaweva, Polpithigama, Kurunegala District.

Sunday, January 20, 2013

The difference



Do not know whether I have told you this before. We have few good friends at home they are so cute and give no trouble kind of guys and gals. They have names one of them is ‘Bula’ the very dear friend of all. And the one who came very recently and joined our ‘group – home’ is ‘ Rabita’ and steady and teddy are the other ones. 

There are few others in a place where I do not happen to see them very often the reason is the nature of their residence. They were given a room in the wardrobe of mine (sorry ours). They too do not bothers me or us (nangi and me) They fight for no rights they ask nothing, they question nothing, they are just happy the way they are and about what they have already got. One is from Dubai and the others are from the kingdom of United. They too have a story to tell, I know their story like how they came here how we met each other is a long story. I think ‘what point telling it to you or what do you get in return in knowing about them because you have not met them before.
They are too cute.

So ……………….

Let me not forget the topic of the day ‘the difference’.
So I love this group of my friends I can cuddle them tease them blame them kiss them no one oppose (they do not support even) so this group of friends mine taught me a lesson today. No actually they just let my mind to think and analyze further the word ‘difference’. 

I am not going to write anything about my explanation of the word ‘difference’. It is sometimes good to know what others think about such things rather than saying what I have to say all the time.

I am not going to take all the friends I like very much or not like that much (I am human) in this ‘my trying -‘explaining’ the word ‘difference’.

Following revelation is fully and completely based on my own experiences and I am not going to explain any of the experiences that others have experiences so far or of will experience in the future. Though I have heard many stories related to (fairy tales, mills and boons stories of children and youth written by the story writers of this and that of ears of publishing, documenting, screening, producing etc)
Think of a friend of human take ‘dogs’ for example tell me how many of you like them. 

How many of you have a dog at your home. Tied or not tied. (I hate when people tie animals and cage them) there are people who love and respect any creatures even the ones who belongs to ‘not human beings category’. If I start write about such things you may feel little ( not little but a lot) boring to read for instance the things like the animal rights, how to respect livings beings, how to look after them, what to feed etc.  

(If you have any questions such as ‘what kind of respect you are talking about some even do not respect their own people,own parampara or their families or relatives or in summary ‘who respect human’ even if your mind entangle with such thoughts in this moment forget it for a moment)  
How about reading a story? I am going to write a story a ‘fiction’ one can say but I write this based on my true experiences that I told you already)

No let me change the topic of following explanation related to the word ‘difference’. So following is a conversation so forget the earlier version that I named as ‘a story’ this is not a story ok I changed the topic.

( a mother and a child is heading towards a town close by and the following conversation took place between them during their walk towards the decided destination not known to me) 

Child: amma why you always hate the pussy cat comes to your kitchen and when ever you see it you say ‘ganda putha ara kossa gahala elawanna uuwa’ (take that broom putha, hit and chase it away)’

Mother: that is because it eats all the things that it sees on a plate it never take any permission no putha before eating. Karawala tika thiya ganna beha maalu hattiya pennana beha kaala daala yanawa hora pusa’ when ever it sees dried fish or a pot of cooked fish it eats and runs a way  ‘pussy thief’ (hora pussa- sorry about my poor translation)
Child: so it does not have any owners is that what you mean?

Mother: that is Mr Lasantha (Ampitiya- kandy) their Pusa no?   

Child: sin, it faces all these because the owner does not care for it and give some food no?

Mother: it is sometimes difficult for them to buy pussy food they are generally so expensive Mr. Lasantha can not afford to buy them.

Child: did he really tell you?

Mother: NO he did not say anything as such I just assumed

Child: oh that is Bad no amma

Mother:
What is bad you say?

Child: No I mean you assume things without knowing it really he did not tell you anything like that no amma.
Mother: forget ‘all these did you do your home work’?

Child: Monday is a Poya day we have no school I can do it on the Poya day.

Mother: is that so? Let’s take some daanaya to the temple on this coming poya day then will you help me putha?
Child: Ok,amma why we really give danaya (alms giving) to the temple?

Mother: see you do not know that small thing even what a simple thing that is. Now you are in your grade eight you should know all these by now. You should have learnt all these by now.

Mother: we give daanaya to collate some ‘Pin’ when you do good deeds’ you will be eligible to live a good life in your next soul or in your next life.

Child: Oh I understood.
I have one more question to ask you.
Then when you harm the pussy cat will you not collate ‘sin’.

Mother: eeeeeeeeeyah
(Child look paled and dissatisfied because he did not get an answer to what he asked from his mother)
Child: why what happened?

Mother: ‘ sattu jara karala paare’
These animals do not know where to …………………

This animal shit. aiyoooo.

Putha see whether there is any public tap close by or something to wash my legs.

Child: No you will have to wait until we go home.

Mother: ‘what’, what a child you are ‘where has your intelligence gone’ how can I wait until I reach home? These animals …………. (Conversation continues)

(They stopped near a shop)

Mother:  Mudalali we need some water to clean my legs.

Mudalali (the shop owner): eeeeeeeyah athulata enna epa ara eliyen gihin eha peththe piyippen hoda ganna.
(Eeeeeyah do not come inside. there is a tap outside to my shop go wash your legs)

(There is a huge area full of toys like puppies, cats, teddies, dolls in this shop) the washing part is over by now)

Mother: aaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyy

What a cute puppy. Aney ara pusa.

The face of the mother lighten with smiles – hundreds of them 

Mother: aney mudalali how much is that?
Mudalali: what?

Mother : The Puppy and the pussy cat

Mudalali: The puppy - I can give you for twenty thousand rupees and for the pussy cat just give me hundred rupees.
Mother: Aney, a ‘so cheap cat’?

But Mudalali can’t you give some discount for the Puppy I have only 18 000 in my wallet no.

Mudalali: take him home and pay the rest later.
What about the pussy cat then?

(Child is watching all these carefully and also listening to all the conversations that took place between the Mudalali and the mother)

Mmmmmmm the pussy cat, take it for free.
I want no money. I will give it to you for free.

Mother: Aney thank you Mudalali thank you so much.
You are so kind.

Mother: putha do not you think that pussy cat is cute?
Child: (smiles gently)

Hmmmm it look alright but I like the puppy so much than the pussy cat.

Mother: we will find a nice place for them to reside alright. You keep the puppy I will keep the pussy cat in our room.
Child: but you do not like ‘pussy cats’ no amma. Don’t you feel like hitting her using a broom or a stick?
Mother: but putha this pussy cat will not steal anything from our kitchen it talks no talks so it will not bother us. So I like it.

(‘Silence’ continues for many minutes or hours)

Mother: Say something darling

Child: I have nothing to say you do not like the one who comes to your kitchen and then now you say you like the one you bought or got it for free just because it can’t breathe or play like other pussy cats.

(Silence is the only visible thing apparent after the conversation took place about the pussy cat that can breath and play and about the one that can not talk, play or breath) moment )

Mother: I AM SORRY putha I know that I shouldn’t have done that & we must learn to respect every living being of this universe.

Child: I am happy to hear that amma.

Mother: you know something putha we adults sometimes or most of the times learn things from the intelligent kids like you.

Child smiles and hugs his mother

[And this very special ( children are always special) knows very well what ever she does that is for their own good and she is a good mother and good human being as well ‘we all make mistakes sometimes’ but when we realize that we sometimes do make mistake unconsciously even we most of us ‘accept’ and do not hesitate to correct them no matter who gives advise].  
















   

  






  









       

1 comment:

  1. Dear, Sandika

    PLEASE WATCH THIS SONG
    ( African Cats: "The World I Knew" Jordin Sparks Music Video )

    www.youtube .com

    take care

    Friend

    ravi





    ReplyDelete