Paths Links People

Paths Links People

Foot Prints

Thonigala Inscriptions are of the 2nd Century BC and carved on Rock. information courtesy;Internet

Thonigala Inscriptions are of the 2nd Century BC and carved on Rock. information courtesy;Internet
Tonigala. (a.) Parumaka Abaya puta parumaka Tisaha wapi acagirika Tisa pawatahi agata anagata catudisa sagasa dine. Dewana pi maharaja Gamini Abaye niyate acanagaraka ca [tawi] rikiya nagaraka ca. Parumaka Abaya puta parumaka Tisa niyata pite raj aha agata anagata catudisa sagasa

History; Path to future

History; Path to future
Reading Future through History, Nagala mountain and the Stupa of the Nagala Kanda Rajamaha Viharaya, Nikaweva, Polpithigama, Kurunegala District.

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Anguttumittas and the tallest/s ……



Angutumitta is a short man. He is short in height. The tallest is tall in height. Who is the world’s tallest man? A Chinese right? He is a newly wedded man if I am correct. He has a lovely wife now. I remember reading this on internet. I don’t remember the world’s shortest man. No it is not necessary to know who is the shortest and tallest in height sometimes. The sizes, the height no matter or unimportant I like to think that way.

Angutumittas are not that handsome if you think of the world class categorizations/ measurements of handsomeness and loveliness of a particular person or of a particular thing with regard to ones physical appearances. But though they don’t get the attraction of non short people they get their maximum attention. I am not attracted to angutumittas I am a non short but very short in that way. I am not a person who generally attract to the things that don’t get my attraction. What to do? That is me. I can’t pretend saying that they get my attraction I can say NO to be honest. But for sure they get my very attentive attention. 
There are things that get my attraction but that is not important to the people around me or to others. There are things that you like to keep as personal things. There are things that one should be sharing with others only if you can think that others can benefit from such things. People are very curious to know about the life of others…. Sad. Curiousness or curiosity is not a bad thing but at the same time it is not useful when people try to put a finger in to their personal lives.

There is a saying in Sinhala
Thamange ehe thiyena pol paralaya penenne neha eth anunge ehe thiyena rodda nam penawa’

People are such creatures though this is not applicable to everyone.

So …. What is an ‘attraction’what does it really mean? Do you know? To me that is an hard to define a hard to explain thing. Indicators differ from person to person region to region and country to country. Do people get attracted to everything that get their attention? Difficult to explain let us not think that far. 

I sometimes think that I am an anugutumitta. When thinking of 'my way of thinking' that is very true to be honest. I like to confess that I am an angutumitta in many ways. I can not be the tallest in that way until I try to be taller in my way of thinking or try to change the way that I think of some things in this world. 

Who are the tallest in every way? The Lord Buddha, the Jesus Christ, there are few other religious leaders too. And there are some you may have heard a little shorter to others and little taller than others. I can’t compare the character of Mahathma Ghandi with Anagaraika Dharmapala because I can’t say that I have read all about them. This is applicable to everything, to people and to the all other existing things or to creatures of this world.

They are very, very tall people in this world. I am sure none of us have read or heard about all the tallest people of this world. Some are not visible and some of them just die without coming in front of public. Some don’t write about them not because they don’t want to but sometimes because such characters are enjoy go hiding due to their personal preferences or reasons there can be some or many reasons people just die without getting written their biographies in the hearts of people that sometimes useful to the others .I can say that there are many unrecognized tall ones in this world full of short and tall people. 

Some have become the tallest in their beautiful thinking, and because of their impartial thoughts, attitudes,their brilliancy in ideas, the never changeable art and beauty of life’ and the philosophy, unquestionable ‘realities’ of their teachings. They are the tallest in every way. We should try to follow their paths. I have not set foot in any of these paths yet. Here I was thinking of the religious leaders as such.

There are things that the tallest unable to do or achieve I like to assume things in that way. Do you think that the tallest can go across a tiny hole similar to the size of an angutumitta. No it is not possible but a person who is similar in size may be able to go through such a thing. 

I am a middle height person. But I am very short in many things especially when compared to the tallest I know. I m an angutumitta in‘literature’, knowledge, I could have told you something of my height if I have known the shapes of sizes of this world full of ‘unlimited knowledge ‘that is impossible. NO! I am not disrespecting my own values and demands. Ones shapes and sizes are so much of a visible thing to the others so I can not lie on that thing. People can not really hide their actual height those are the things that are easily measurable.

Sometimes the way you talk and the things that you discuss, things that you respect show your real height. Outer views or shapes and sizes are inadequate to measure something fully that will only provide you a half picture of something in particular.

I really can not say much of the things that I know very little or don’t know at all specifically I can say that I m an illiterate person in knowing people a better way.

When some people become taller everyday then it is little difficult to understand them. Take a huge five or six storied building for instance that has so many rooms, so many stare cases, steps, and so much space do you think that it is easy to get an accurate picture of such a building? You need to go every room, you need to follow the stares to go in to those rooms and then you need to draw draft sketches of the building in your mind so then you know where to go first which room you should use, the room that is useful for most of your work etc. Do you think that it is easy NO! Right….It takes times. 

There is one more thing that I have noticed all these years about‘buildings ‘some of those huge buildings look like deserted islands sometimes. I see no people or less people in there.

I don’t like to say that tiny buildings always give you an accurate picture of them because of the tininess or of smallness or I can’t say that you can get a clear picture of a particular thing within a shorter period of time. I doubt but comparatively it not that difficult to understand such a building that has few rooms, less steps, or little space etc.i can see that some of them are full of people not isolated.


I have seen some huge weva’s in the country that you see no people bathing or no children playing or‘swimming those wevas, jumping over to the banks of the weva etc. but there are small weva that you may notice ….. Some people are really using such weva for all their purposes of bathing washing, or agricultural purposes. Sometimes it is the opposite.

what do you think of the shapes and sizes of something are these really matters? 
when it comes to analyzing people.
What is more important or less important I think that is something so difficult to answer or come to conclusions. It is applicable to certain things of our lives as well and the things around our lives, the demands or values of something…..        
Finally We all human that is ‘inevitable’ though sometimes some of us behave like inhumane. What we really try to understand here is that human beings are a mixture of this and that of various qualities and of various shapes and sizes I like to believe that way.  

So I like to say that angutumittas are not always short and the tallest are not always tall. This is just a very shorter way of analyzing the shortest and the tallest there are many other ways of analyze such things by going in to different corners or in different angles of something as well. Am I right?   


   

No comments:

Post a Comment