Paths Links People

Paths Links People

Foot Prints

Thonigala Inscriptions are of the 2nd Century BC and carved on Rock. information courtesy;Internet

Thonigala Inscriptions are of the 2nd Century BC and carved on Rock. information courtesy;Internet
Tonigala. (a.) Parumaka Abaya puta parumaka Tisaha wapi acagirika Tisa pawatahi agata anagata catudisa sagasa dine. Dewana pi maharaja Gamini Abaye niyate acanagaraka ca [tawi] rikiya nagaraka ca. Parumaka Abaya puta parumaka Tisa niyata pite raj aha agata anagata catudisa sagasa

History; Path to future

History; Path to future
Reading Future through History, Nagala mountain and the Stupa of the Nagala Kanda Rajamaha Viharaya, Nikaweva, Polpithigama, Kurunegala District.

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Bend like dear D. Beckham but do not forget to act like ‘OUR UANDUWA’ – KUMAR DHARMASENA………….



Sports bring ‘peace and harmony’ in to hearts and minds of different countries……. this note is a result of trying to analyze two masters of two different sub subjects of one major subject called 'Universal sports 'thinking of two sporty hearts of two different countries ( England and Sri Lanka)

Bending is a technique one may say. Bending is an art someone else might add. Bending is ‘humanity’ you might say……. This ‘Bending’ I like to now blend with ‘unanduwa’ (ENTHUSIASM) what do you say? ………

What is the English meaning of the word ‘unanduwa’ enthusiasm (?) is this the correct word how about ‘courage’ that adds a different colour tone and a shape No? Who has the courage to accept that ‘dear D. Beckham bends so courageously than the other ones we know of his team?

Dear David B.  You broke my heart this time not only you but also the whole management of this game ‘football’. I am not pleased with the decision taken by your management to keep you away from the ground of your touch. I understand more than they I am sure the soil of your country (and globe) will miss the value of ‘embracing moments’……… sorry I am a little emotional this time than trying to think of the ‘need’ of the team. They may be right but WHO LIKES TO SEE HIS/HER FAVOURITE PLAYER JUST WATCHING THE GAME sitting on the pavilion WITHOUT ACTIVELY INVOLVING IN THE GAME?
Why ……. ?

Tell me why didn’t you do your home work? Were you away from the ground or you just ‘modeling’ the newest outfits of the world famous ‘designers’ of Italy and England, or Ireland? I though that you already gave up modeling giving your wife the chance? Let me tell you that she is so ‘spicy’ and beautiful. You climbed up to ‘space’ with the woman you love NO? wonderful.
Is she your ‘herawum lakshaya’( do you read?) Oh! I am sorry I m sure that you are not aware of the meaning of those words? That is ‘turning point’ my dear.  The owner of these words (Printable version) ‘herawum lakshaya’ once noted that ‘if you do not know to lose you can not be a winner’ ( this is the rough idea I took after reading few lines of his turning points of life experiences) losing is part of winning’ I am sure you know this theory of life by now. Playing one of the toughest games of this world ‘football’ am I right?

Did I lose anything in life? Let me think a while …….. Do you like to know the answer?
The answer is NO BUT I GAINED A LOT……….

So Dear David B. my friend fortunately ‘you know the art of bending’ but you should learn to keep your enthusiasm throughout your whole ‘life’ like our unanduwa – [this is not a message to you my friend this is a message to my own ‘mind’ who am I to advise you when I think of your life achievements. life is a game – once I thought ……]

Have you met him before our hero ‘KUMAR DHARMASENA’?
Come and meet him here in this country? Check with him before you plan to come I don’t know whether he is in SA - South Africa or northern part of India these days raising his finger pointing upwards and waving and swinging his right hand like a beautiful ‘swing’. Just tell me before I ask you any further question how far do you know this our country man? What do you know about him? DO YOU WATCH CRICKET? Or is it only foot ball you play. Watch better cricket to play good football. This is just a suggestion from a fan ok.  

Gurinder Chandha asked us to ‘bend it like Beckham’ but you know Mr. Gurinder shall I suggest a title for your next art of cinema ‘move, bend, run, jump, watch, aim, and target like unanduwa’ for a better target of audience ……. Is this too long, the title i suggested? Then ……….
Short it like the way you sort out some of the cinematographic issues alright. 

‘Three in one’, Man with three important qualities of cricket- Kumar Dharmasena ……… the Master of Arts in fielding, diploma in decent catching, art of universal batting. I am just trying to explain his methods of accurate playing the way I can to tell you honestly ‘my way’ is the right word. What is your way is that possible to know? Is it a ‘highway’ that leads and connects our hearts from south to west etc ………. 

Of course he is not the only player we have that has such qualities.   Little clue for you we have ‘DILSANG’ also in our team ……….. This name has the art of any captaincy and team work. (Sorry can’t tell you more than this) do not tell me that you have not heard about this name before?

So ……. dear David B. I don’t like your new hairstyle you know. Which hairstylist you go to? Come to Rumsy Rahman he is one of the best we have. Go to Borella (Colombo 8) you can meet him after Senanayake Junction but before the Y.M.B.A. building. Alright, contact the ministry of tourism for more details. 

David Robert Joseph Beckham how about some knowledge exchanging moments with KUMAR DHARMASENA?  Please give my kind regards to Manchester United and have a better sporty evening! ……………..



  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment