Paths Links People

Paths Links People

Foot Prints

Thonigala Inscriptions are of the 2nd Century BC and carved on Rock. information courtesy;Internet

Thonigala Inscriptions are of the 2nd Century BC and carved on Rock. information courtesy;Internet
Tonigala. (a.) Parumaka Abaya puta parumaka Tisaha wapi acagirika Tisa pawatahi agata anagata catudisa sagasa dine. Dewana pi maharaja Gamini Abaye niyate acanagaraka ca [tawi] rikiya nagaraka ca. Parumaka Abaya puta parumaka Tisa niyata pite raj aha agata anagata catudisa sagasa

History; Path to future

History; Path to future
Reading Future through History, Nagala mountain and the Stupa of the Nagala Kanda Rajamaha Viharaya, Nikaweva, Polpithigama, Kurunegala District.

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

life of dew drops .............


My friend Gayathri Jayasinghe sent me a forwarded message yesterday. That was about the Venezuela’s crowned Miss Universe in year 2000 and her tragic death.  That was an Old Story and I guess the whole world knows it.  That is not really the ‘news’ here. The way they have structured the message was unbelievably thoughtful. 


I did not know that she was a Buddhist. That was an example I thought to reverse my mind back to the same direction that I tried to touch few days earlier ‘Rupan jeerathi Majjana naama gottan najeerathi’ I guess she and her family very well understood that ‘reality’ and she taught the world  another excellent ‘lesson’ on the ‘truth of life’. 

 So the message was ended giving us another unchangeable truth about life of a drop.
I had some collection of photographs of dew drops that I was taken few weeks back and all those were around our little home garden, some were smiling on leaves, flowers, roses etc. I don’ t  think that I can never see the same again  even when I visit my home next time. I may see some other fresh drops designed or shaped differently on some other surface of something. The world is changing we can not change the truth. What ever happens in this world or in this earth ‘that truth will not change’ the world is changing. The dew drops die and some other may blossom. Who can say ‘NO’? But there are things that change very slowly but for sure for a better.   

 
She died yes we learnt lessons.Who changed his/her/their/ lives accordingly? You, me others? NO world moved on and it will move on. Do you think that they, these people, the world is unaware of this truth ? They know but have they stopped organizing ‘Miss Universe pageant there after. No



I learnt a different lesson this time reading the e – mail message that my friend sent me even if I have read the very same, old story of the Venezuela beautiful many times over.


these pictures might add unclear thoughts in to your minds from the very first site please remember that i am not a professional photographer.


this was in a morning after rainy night i do not know the name of this little plant ' 'kroten' i am not sure whether i spelled the name of the plant accurately?


 

 My father died of a Cancer the world did not stop there, the world moved on though I had to stop there for sometime. 

this photograph was taken a long time ago in Oman ( in front of the Royal Air Force of Oman he worked there in Sultanate of Oman for more than 10 years after leaving the 'Sri Lanka Army in 1983 or 1984- he was a civil cook there - not a chef )

 He died in  01 February and left our home on 04 February 1998.  

not only our parents the friends teach us things about life and about many things. the difference here is that you find some difference in the weight of the lessons.  the topics of the lessons. attachments or the attractions of the lessons are different still all these are lessons.


I guess one of our ladies recently won the ‘Mrs. world title but that is after a very long time our beautiful and talented Rosy Senanayake ( Eliya for sure) won the first ever Mrs. world title? 

Have a look at these unedited, not clear photographs I am sure that you have something to feel. 


The rain will not stop his duty not only in Maha season but also in Yala. The’ kala weva’ one of the greatest reserviros we have built by king ‘Dathusena’ father of the creator of the Sigiriya’ the king Kashyapa. Letus not forget the brother of king Kashyapa, the king Mugalan here.    

The kala weva will be full of water that will enrich our heartiest paddy fields in all seasons. Sun will rise in the eastern part of the sky hinting and indicating fresh ‘start of a day’ and that will shine for sure. Can we really stop the nature and go against the reality? The beautiful sea will bring us fortune and for sure will bridge the other continents with our lovely country. Who wants to stop that? The flowers will blossom in all parts of the world and the gardens will cherish the hearts when ever the lovers and children touch the soil and routs of little plants. 

 
The truth is we all know the truth and understand it to a certain extent. Why can not we just stop this going behind or chasing behind some things endlessly? 

Can’t we really ‘ALLOCATE ‘THAT TIME FOR SOMETHING USEFUL. What did you do to ‘prosper the life of your friend or your neighbor so far? 


Have you ever thought of taking your child to the old kingdom of Polonnaruwa, or to Anuradhapura? I guess ‘we have no time’ am I right? If you do not respect the paddy fields of this country no point just showing them to your kids. Those are not just things that bring our children ‘pleasure’ ‘paddy fields are not just ‘essay topics’ for our kids don’t you agree with me?

this is not paddy but 'tea' come for a cup of tea one day with the kids will you?


Let me take this opportunity to thank my friend Gayathri for all the help she offer and to tell you frankly she has once paid my ‘rent of the house’ and she was one of the good hearts who helped me during my fathers ‘illness’ in many ways.  I remember what I gave her just to mark the gratitude’ of my heart for all her help she offer and that was for the very first ‘ a little parcel of ‘Vendol Venivel soap’ I hope you will remember my friend. (Between year 1997 – 1998) she loved it. 


There are few other friends amongst them “Ruwanthi Wijesinghe’ was the one who took me to even to the doctors when ever I was ill and she is the first person to ‘gift me a copy of HOLY BIBLE’. I still have it. And when ever I see it ‘I remember you’ I remember you taking me to the church close to ‘vijitha yapa book shop’ ( near the BO tree of Nugegoda) I remember you taught me the first lesson from the bible ‘I tried to repeat everything that rev. father said during the prayers. That was not the way we should do it I learnt from her. 


What happen to your ‘crossings’ are you still running it? The lovely little magazine you edited?

The lessons that sometimes our friends teach from time to time will stay in our minds for ever. Those things add some shine to our lives. Those are immeasurable. That is the way this life teaches and let meet different friends from different times.  

Who really wants to stop the happenings across the globe? How can you go against the nature?


 I was little happy to read one of the articles written on ‘mobile camera photographs’ on last week’s Sunday Observer Magazine and I felt happy that I took all these from a mobile camera. I was always a little upset because of the bad quality of my photographs but then I thought that ‘it is the way that amateurs take photographs’. - “explore the world through a lens’ by Ganga Rathnayake’( July 15, 2012)



I replied to my friend also I like to thank her in public for refreshing, re directing my mind towards touching some other sides of my mind that I never thought of touching before.

No comments:

Post a Comment