Paths Links People

Paths Links People

Foot Prints

Thonigala Inscriptions are of the 2nd Century BC and carved on Rock. information courtesy;Internet

Thonigala Inscriptions are of the 2nd Century BC and carved on Rock. information courtesy;Internet
Tonigala. (a.) Parumaka Abaya puta parumaka Tisaha wapi acagirika Tisa pawatahi agata anagata catudisa sagasa dine. Dewana pi maharaja Gamini Abaye niyate acanagaraka ca [tawi] rikiya nagaraka ca. Parumaka Abaya puta parumaka Tisa niyata pite raj aha agata anagata catudisa sagasa

History; Path to future

History; Path to future
Reading Future through History, Nagala mountain and the Stupa of the Nagala Kanda Rajamaha Viharaya, Nikaweva, Polpithigama, Kurunegala District.

Monday, July 8, 2013

Cricket is a brain awakening game

[following essay is 'a fan' point view of the game cricket] 

I like cricket as a game. It is one of the games that majority of the world like so much apart from footballs and baseball. Am I right?
I know nothing about baseball but I know a bit about football and little bit more about cricket.

I am not a crazy fan of cricketers though I have so much respect for them.  I care only how they play in the grounds how they represent their countries. I also believe that they are like good ambassadors they are different to brand ambassadors. People expect this and that from them no strange in that.

I do not care about what they eat, what they drink whom they dance with what book they read, what brand of shirt they like or prefer to wear, but I like to know what bat they choose the who makes their bat and pads the name of manufacturer that make their balls and in what pitch they like playing, the moisture level of the ground, what angle they prefer to play whether it is fine leg , pavilion end or whether they prefer to hit 4’s and 6’s over to roof of the pavilion. It is no harm knowing who manufacturer the hand protectors they wear. It is important for them to wear comfy and useful no hazel necessary protectors which allows them to play with no hazards other than that I have no business in knowing their personal life.
  
I like to watch the eyes of Mr. Murali when he swing the ball his way and I like to watch how Master Blaster look up after earning every 4 or 6 or after earning 50 or 100 or more than that. I like to watch the way he respect his faiths and beliefs.

I like all other actions possible that I can catch in Lords or in Galle International cricket stadium    the way how the umpires signals fours and sixes and leg bys. So this cricket is an actions and reactions full of game. I enjoy often how the opposition teams (sorry to use this word) looses or misses their catches how the balls slips through the fingers of the fielders. That are all actions and then I enjoy watching the reactions of our team or the faces of the other teams.   

That is all exciting and therefore cricket is a very awakening game. I do not like watch any sleepy games that is no cricket I believe.  I believe or I like to believe that it is not just ‘only the privileged ones get chances to represent their countries it is the skills which bring games in to their lives.   Every game is a game and every game is an important game for each the player. Am I wrong here? No I do not think so.

 And I believe that every game is not a game where the player can show his maximum skills and talents.  There are ups and downs in every game it is same with the cricket.  Some players are very much comfortable in playing ‘home grounds’ than out side to home grounds. But some players no bars will slow down their speed of earning marks. No barrier can stop them or slow down their ways.  They are not action heroes that too I understand they are heroes in grounds.

Patience and MAINTAINING CONSCIOUSNESS TO ITS FULL  LENGTH AND CAPACITIES before every game and after each and every game they play until they reach their homelands such things are very and truly important in cricket or in every game the players play.

Sleeplessness or half awakening or no awakening attitudes will take your winning trophies away from your countries. Such weak attitudes will take your dreams away from you or far from your territories.

Maintaining good health every way that too important I have heard from the good coaches through TV conversations that is to have a proper balance in ground stand firm or bend right move hands towards left or rights of the ground stop a fast or a slow balls getting second chances catch the balls that slips through the fingers of the other player who stands close to the player behind the wicket you need energy. You need to move your eyes towards that side or to every side to you need to follow the ball the players have to follow the legs and hands who is weak or powerful in ground. Some players like to see weak players in ground that too for winning some like to see every one so powerfully playing then their winning become so worthful.  I write these using my common sense not that I know a – z of cricket.

Why am I writing these things I KNOW THAT ALL CRICKETERS OR CRICKET COMMENTATORS, GROUND ARRANGERS, BOARD OF CRICKET , COACHES – EXPERIENCED I know what I write here they are aware since the day that they fallen in love and respect with the game. I wanted to try what lessons that sometimes some games teach people.

I watched Mr. Mahesh Bhatt’s Jannath part 01 fully I could only watch Jannath 02 only a quarter of the showing time. interesting film.

Match fixing not a thing that we hear in SL. Such fixings happen unfortunately but the INVOLVERS ARE NOT CRICKETERS fortunately. 

My THANK YOU goes to all the gentlemen of our cricket. Thank you for reading my essay.

My cricketanalysis are as follows ;

Cricket is not an ornament
It is not a crown like thing
Cricket is gentlemen’s game
Cricket is not a pair of shoes that people wear and throw a way
Cricket is not just a membership that they get from a society
Cricket is not something that allows or provides wings for the players plus others to fly. 

it is not about earning names it is something that teach us ' protect the name of the game and the name of the players' 

i always believe that it is never easy to earn a name it is so easy to harm a name. 

It is a game that every good reading of bat & ball plus the player brings some good scores. add the additional scoring methods or strategies i am no cricket analyst therefore read this fan wrote essay with having bit of patience i request you all 

Let’s not forget the importance of reading the ground the teams play every crack or moisture level of the good ground readers provide and the weather conditions.

We miss you Mr. Tony Greig  










  




No comments:

Post a Comment