Paths Links People

Paths Links People

Foot Prints

Thonigala Inscriptions are of the 2nd Century BC and carved on Rock. information courtesy;Internet

Thonigala Inscriptions are of the 2nd Century BC and carved on Rock. information courtesy;Internet
Tonigala. (a.) Parumaka Abaya puta parumaka Tisaha wapi acagirika Tisa pawatahi agata anagata catudisa sagasa dine. Dewana pi maharaja Gamini Abaye niyate acanagaraka ca [tawi] rikiya nagaraka ca. Parumaka Abaya puta parumaka Tisa niyata pite raj aha agata anagata catudisa sagasa

History; Path to future

History; Path to future
Reading Future through History, Nagala mountain and the Stupa of the Nagala Kanda Rajamaha Viharaya, Nikaweva, Polpithigama, Kurunegala District.

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

A view And Numbering - Poetry My Way .......................

A View ……………………

Two floating kites
Appearing and disappearing
And
Kissing each other,

A floating pure – white cloud
Moving slower and faster sometimes,

No – Dark purple flowers
Smiling at sun – shining,

The breeze comes and touches and moves away,
Supplies melodies to relax ………………

The kichi – bichi of an unknown,

A half dead and torn coconut leaves,

The jack leaves tabulating life,

What are they all trying to say?


A tiny branch of neighboring jack tree gone dried,

A man from a distance opened a window to embrace cool wind I assumed

And again after a few moments
He shut them tightly and went away

The roof tops – some
Look burnt

Is the tank up on roof
Filled
Or
Empty?No one to be seen to inquire

Why should I

Realized, thought later

The kreeeeezzzzzze sound of the fan – above
Seemed ready to be retired

Everything outskirt enjoying life joy and happiness
Nothing to assume I thought ………………………………….

NUMBERING ……………………..

I know the hours, exact minutes I was born
Because ………………………………..
My parents have written them on a page of a old diary

I know my date of birth
Because ………………………………..
I have a certificate of birth

I know Day I first join school
Because ……………………….
I have the certificate of school

I know the date I met my first - date
Because …………………………..
I have the memories within

I know the date I got my first salary
Because …………………
I very well remember things

I know some numbers
Because
They are on my phone - saved

I can remember hundreds of numbers
Because …………………………..
I work with them

Yet
I do not know some numbers
Because ……………………….
The outsiders have given them

and

i know what some others say about numbers
Because ...............................
i am no illiterate 

i feel some numbers
Because .......................
they are dates of remembrances  

i remember few other numbers
Because .................
the world reminds me them - often 

There are certain number i can remember 
Because ..................
the world celebrate them

the numbers 'all' - know i too know
because ..........................
they are popular and Famous 

i know few special numbers
because .......................
they are sacred, religious numbers

i read some numbers
Because ........................
they are on notices 

i observe some numbers 
Because ................
they are pasted on gates, entrances

i know to count - Numbers
because .....................
i have learned them at 'level - primary' 

i know to multiply - some numbers
because ...............
that too i learnt up to certain level

so ...................
these numbers know and don't know 
interesting,
valuable
Because ..........................
They rates people as billionaires and millionaires 


i do not know most numbers
because ................
they are yet to be discovered 


I do not know the date, the day that I will expire
Because ………………………..
Such things are unpredictable
,
Out of my control


- i wrote this on 20 August 2013 








No comments:

Post a Comment