Paths Links People

Paths Links People

Thonigala Inscriptions are of the 2nd Century BC and carved on Rock. information courtesy;Internet

Thonigala Inscriptions are of the 2nd Century BC and carved on Rock. information courtesy;Internet
Tonigala. (a.) Parumaka Abaya puta parumaka Tisaha wapi acagirika Tisa pawatahi agata anagata catudisa sagasa dine. Dewana pi maharaja Gamini Abaye niyate acanagaraka ca [tawi] rikiya nagaraka ca. Parumaka Abaya puta parumaka Tisa niyata pite raj aha agata anagata catudisa sagasa

History; Path to future

History; Path to future
Reading Future through History, Nagala mountain and the Stupa of the Nagala Kanda Rajamaha Viharaya, Nikaweva, Polpithigama, Kurunegala District.

yesterdays kingdoms enhanced people's today

yesterdays kingdoms enhanced people's today
let us view today through past ...........Kingdom of Yapahuwa - 13th Century

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

A view And Numbering - Poetry My Way .......................

A View ……………………

Two floating kites
Appearing and disappearing
And
Kissing each other,

A floating pure – white cloud
Moving slower and faster sometimes,

No – Dark purple flowers
Smiling at sun – shining,

The breeze comes and touches and moves away,
Supplies melodies to relax ………………

The kichi – bichi of an unknown,

A half dead and torn coconut leaves,

The jack leaves tabulating life,

What are they all trying to say?


A tiny branch of neighboring jack tree gone dried,

A man from a distance opened a window to embrace cool wind I assumed

And again after a few moments
He shut them tightly and went away

The roof tops – some
Look burnt

Is the tank up on roof
Filled
Or
Empty?No one to be seen to inquire

Why should I

Realized, thought later

The kreeeeezzzzzze sound of the fan – above
Seemed ready to be retired

Everything outskirt enjoying life joy and happiness
Nothing to assume I thought ………………………………….

NUMBERING ……………………..

I know the hours, exact minutes I was born
Because ………………………………..
My parents have written them on a page of a old diary

I know my date of birth
Because ………………………………..
I have a certificate of birth

I know Day I first join school
Because ……………………….
I have the certificate of school

I know the date I met my first - date
Because …………………………..
I have the memories within

I know the date I got my first salary
Because …………………
I very well remember things

I know some numbers
Because
They are on my phone - saved

I can remember hundreds of numbers
Because …………………………..
I work with them

Yet
I do not know some numbers
Because ……………………….
The outsiders have given them

and

i know what some others say about numbers
Because ...............................
i am no illiterate 

i feel some numbers
Because .......................
they are dates of remembrances  

i remember few other numbers
Because .................
the world reminds me them - often 

There are certain number i can remember 
Because ..................
the world celebrate them

the numbers 'all' - know i too know
because ..........................
they are popular and Famous 

i know few special numbers
because .......................
they are sacred, religious numbers

i read some numbers
Because ........................
they are on notices 

i observe some numbers 
Because ................
they are pasted on gates, entrances

i know to count - Numbers
because .....................
i have learned them at 'level - primary' 

i know to multiply - some numbers
because ...............
that too i learnt up to certain level

so ...................
these numbers know and don't know 
interesting,
valuable
Because ..........................
They rates people as billionaires and millionaires 


i do not know most numbers
because ................
they are yet to be discovered 


I do not know the date, the day that I will expire
Because ………………………..
Such things are unpredictable
,
Out of my control


- i wrote this on 20 August 2013 








No comments:

Post a Comment